Sunday, September 27, 2009

What email?

In Date #1, I mentioned a guy that I called M. I feel like I should go into detail about him. I met M when I was a sophomore in high school. He was a freshman in college but he played for the team that my high school played in the state football game the year before. A little information about the game, both schools were undefeated going into the game. It was tied at half time and the game when back and forth. My high school ended up winning at the very end of the game! It was very exciting although my synopsis was not.


M had a friend from my high school that he got my instant messaging screen name from. He was really excited to talk to the daughter of the coach that beat him last year. I actually met him in person at one of my basketball games. Why he came to a high school basketball game, I don’t know. However, we continued to be friends and I saw him maybe once a year at a sporting event or at a public place. Although, I felt like he liked me, I had and still have a hard time believing that he likes me more than my dad. When I went to college, my freshman year, I received an email from him. This email confessed his love for me. I have never shared the same feelings for him, so I deleted it and went on with my life. I never mentioned it and he never brought it up. I actually made up a boyfriend so that he would get the hint or at least leave me alone for a while. M would call me and ask me all sorts of questions about the fake boyfriend. Finally, I really did get a boyfriend and he didn’t talk to me EVER while I was dating this guy. This went on for a few years.


Last year was the first time in probably three years that I saw him. If you read Date #1, I saw him at the Red Dirt Roundup in Fort Worth. I was very glad to see him due to how the guy that I went to the concert with was acting. I’m sure it sounds really bad but I do like M, I just don’t like him the way that he likes me.


A few weeks ago, he sent me a text message to tell me that he is now single. On Friday, he sent a message saying, “Could I ask you a question?” Now, every time I end a relationship, M always has a question for me. This time he asked me if I ever received an email from him! After getting over the shock that he actually just asked me this, I replied, “Recently? No. What was it about?” He continued, “Nothing. I sent it 5 years ago. I’m glad you didn’t get it.” Now, that kind of bothered me because I actually did get it and why are you glad I didn’t get it? So, I had to ask him what the email said. He said, “It was nothing.” Obviously it was SOMETHING if you remember an email you sent 5 years ago!


The next day, M sent me a text message that said “hey?” and then another one right after it that said “hey!” I hate when people do this. If you want to have a casual conversation, call the person. Don’t send a text that says “hey, what’s up?” Have a reason for the text.


I’m really hoping M finds the perfect girl for him someday. I just don't think it's going to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment