Monday, August 3, 2009

Date #2

About two weeks ago, I was at my sister’s house when she came in from the track and told me that I needed to go meet this guy at the weight room. (See, people trying to set me up with guys.)  She said he is 23 and plays football for a university in Abilene.  I told her that I was not going to do that. How obvious is that, really?  A few minutes later she wanted me to go with her to walk her new puppy. I decided to go because I had a workshop the next day and had no idea where I needed to go in the high school.  So, Paisley (the dog), my sister, and I set out down the block towards the high school. We get to the high school and I quickly found where my workshop would be the next day. My sister said that Paisley, whom I’m now carrying, needs a drink of water. Of course the water hose is by the weight room so we make our way over there. After Paisley stands in the water, not taking a drink, my sister goes to the door of the weight room and calls to “No Shirt.” (This name will be explained later.) He comes out of the weight room and starts to pet Paisley. I am holding her and “No Shirt" is in my personal space so I take a step back and he takes a step forward. He asked if we have Facebook and that is pretty much the end of the conversation. My sister, Paisley, and I leave and I told my sister that he must be the “touchy-feely” type because he was standing way too close for my comfort.

We get back to the house, eat supper, and I get on the computer. When I got on Facebook, “No Shirt" had already sent me a friend request so I accepted it. He immediately starts to chat with me, asking me what I’m doing tonight. I told him that it’s a small town (2A) and there is nothing to do here.  Little did I know, this small town has a drag. Yes, I said a DRAG! Apparently that’s where all the high school kids hang out so why wouldn’t two 23 year-olds want to drive down it a few times? He asked me to meet him at the tennis courts and said we would find something to do.  He has to take a shower before we meet because he lifted 3 hours ago. “No Shirt" sends me his number and conveniently gets off line so that he now gets my number when I text him to tell him I’m ready.  By the way, I got ready way before he did. He thinks he has it all figured out at this point.

We meet at the tennis courts and I get in his truck. “No Shirt” drives down the drag a few times and takes me around town to show me things like where he kept his show pigs when he was in Jr. High and High school.  Mean while, he is talking about himself and I don’t have a chance to talk.  He eventually drives through a field (not sure what was planted in this field) and parks the truck. We sat on the tailgate for a while and the mosquitoes attacked me. But have no fear “No Shirt" was here to rub his hand on my back and arm to try to keep them off of me. Too bad it grossed me out and didn’t work.  It’s getting late and I have a workshop in the morning so I asked him to take me back to my car. When I got back to my sister’s house, he was already texting me about doing something the next day.

On my lunch break of the workshop, "No Shirt" texted  me to see what I was doing for lunch and he invited me to his parent’s house to eat. I thought this was really weird so I asked him if he was sure. He was so excited about it and it was a free lunch so I went. When I get there, he opens the door without a shirt. (This is where the name “No Shirt” came from.) He just woke up (it’s 11:30am) and put jeans on, no SHIRT.  He made us sandwiches and we are eating, “No Shirt” still without a shirt, when his dad gets home. Now, his dad was not the friendliest person but I don’t blame him. Some girl that he doesn’t know is in his house eating his food and his son doesn’t have a shirt on.  Him and his dad are talking about a Soap Opera that they watch every day at lunch. I have no clue what they are talking about because I don’t watch Soap Operas. "No Shirt" gets the great idea of getting on the computer. I’m thinking “are you going to show me your Facebook friends or what?" It’s way better than that though.  We sit down and he asked me “are you on youtube?”  I said, “yeah, I’ve been on it some.” He said, “No, do you have a video on youtube?” SIDE NOTE: You know when you are talking to someone and a caution sign goes off in your head saying “GET AWAY FAST!” ? This was one of those moments. CONTINUING: I told him that I do not have a video on youtube. So he proceeds to show me all of his. I told you that he plays football for a university right? He had to show me when he took out two guys at one time on defense. Now, I live in TEXAS, we are huge football fans. I think I’ve seen this happen before. I don’t need to see it 15 times.  Then I get to see a commercial that he helped his friend make. “No Shirt“ was the buff weight lifter that screams at you to buy the product.  There is more, as if the youtube videos weren’t enough… I get to see a bunch of pictures then he starts playing different songs and sings to all of them.  Finally I tell him I have to go back to my workshop and he walks outside and hugs me like he’s known me forever. 

“No Shirt” sends me text messages throughout the next couple of hours of my workshop and wants to know when I get out so we can go swimming.  I go back to my sister’s house after my workshop and he tells me that he needs to go workout sometime today. So I get the great idea that he can go workout, I’ll take a nap, then we can go swimming.  I end up taking a 4 hour nap to avoid this guy. My phone is ringing and I’m getting text messages every 5 minutes but I ignore all of it and continue to sleep. I finally get up and check my messages to find out that he wanted me to go eat supper with his family.  Thank goodness, I’ve already missed that! Bummer, I've missed swimming too. He calls me again and to be nice, I answer the phone. His job called and he has to be at work in Abilene tomorrow morning.  (I breathed a sigh of relief at that.)  But, he HAS to see me before he leaves tonight. (Did I mention that he just met me YESTERDAY! And no, I'm not making this up. He told me that he really wanted to see me before he leaves.) "No Shirt" asked if he could stop by my sister’s house on his way out of town. He pulls up and I walk outside. I sit in his truck for maybe 10 minutes. He is actually wearing a shirt this time but it’s an Aggie shirt. Big turn off. He reaches over and grabs my hand. He makes some comment like “wow, your nails are real.”  I thought everyone had “real” nails.  I pull my hand back and told him that he better get on the road. It’s getting late. He texted on the way home and I got a call when he got home. 

A few days later I went home to my parent’s house. "No Shirt" texted me to see how his hometown was and I told him I didn’t know. I wasn’t there. He thought that I should drive to Abilene and hang out with him but unfortunately I already had plans with my friends.  This all happened about two weeks ago and I’m still getting the occasional text message and Facebook message from “No Shirt.” You would think that he could take a hint. But then again, he didn’t know any better about putting on a shirt when a girl comes over to eat.  So the lesson I’ve learned and I hope you have learned is “No shoes, no shirt, no second date.” 

1 comment:

  1. "Now, his dad was not the friendliest person but I don’t blame him. Some girl that he doesn’t know is in his house eating his food and his son doesn’t have a shirt on."

    That right there is some instantclassic type stuff...HILARIOUS

    ReplyDelete